Spend quality time with your baby learning how to give your baby a massage, and meet other local mums for friendship and support.
I will teach you strokes that are safe and appropriate for you to massage your baby, so that you can enjoy it as a regular activity at home.
The massage class which I teach was developed by Vimala McClure who is the founder of the International Association of Infant Massage and is taught all over the world.
You can be sure that you are receiving a quality class as I am accredited by the International Association of Infant Massage and am a member of Baby Massage Ireland. This also means that you can claim back up to €100 off the course cost from your insurance company.
I have a first class degree in psychology and philosophy and a masters in womens’ studies which along with qualifications in counselling skills, first aid, teaching and over 13 years of experience teaching adults means that I am well placed to teach the course.
As a sling consultant I offer help at the end of the class if you are considering getting a baby carrier or sling.
The benefits of baby massage include:
- Relief – may help relieve constipation, wind and colic pains.
- Relaxation- during the massage and also may help baby sleep better
- Stimulation – stimulating the muscles and nerve pathways.
- Interaction – great for bonding between the two of you.
You will get a receipt for your payment on the first day of the course, which you can send off to your health insurance company to claim the full or partial cost of the course back.
- VHI – EU100 during the baby’s first year. Read more
- Leya Healthcare – up to EU275 during baby’s first 3 months. Read more
- Aviva Health – up to EU150 Read more
- Glo Health – up to EU40 Read more
Baby Massage Dublin 15, Castleknock Course Details
The baby massage classes are held at Castleknock Community Centre, Laurel Lodge Road, Dublin 15
Next courses: 11-12pm on Monday 10th February 2014.
More information about baby massage
To book: https://activemum.ie/book-now/